Le contenu suivant est agit comme un espace réservé tandis que nous continuons à traduire, de créer et mettre à jour la nouvelle section de l'éducation de www.actafr.ca. Nous vous remercions de votre patience pendant que nous effectuons ce projet. Si vous rencontrez des problèmes lors de la navigation de cette section s'il vous plaît email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Endorsed Travel Programs||Travel Careers||Full Time Programs|
|Continuing Education||Choosing a Travel School||Distance Learning|
Travel and Tourism Programs Endorsed by ACTA
ACTA endorses community colleges, private vocational schools and correspondence programs that offer
The criteria for endorsement includes:
- Length of time the program has been offered
- How graduates are performing in the workplace
- Course curriculum
- Instructor qualifications
- How students perform on the Knowledge Exam
Community Colleges: generally offer full-time programs, usually one or two years in length. Subject matter includes specific travel training and general courses, such as English and Business.
Private Vocational Schools: usually offer full or part time courses, which are generally from six to eight months in duration. Courses usually focus on travel training and may not include general courses.
Correspondence Programs: usually offered through colleges or vocational schools where students complete a "home based / self directed" course of study, either in a paper-based format or an on-line format.
ACTA offers four levels of Endorsement:
- Two Star...
- Three Star..
- Four Star...
- Five Star...,
Similar to hotel star rating systems, a travel program receives stars based on the number of inclusions it offers, for example: travel services specific curriculum hours, field placement, live GDS training.
In addition, completing a travel program at an Endorsed Travel School may entitle the graduating student to applicable certification benefits, including:
- Reduced certification fees
- Reduced occupational experience hours (conditions apply)
- Complimentary Knowledge Exam prep materials distributed through the travel program
If a travel program does not meet all the criteria for Full Endorsement then Provisional Endorsement may be granted for a maximum of two years, while the school works toward satisfying the additional criteria.
What's in it for the graduates?
Graduates of an endorsed program receive the following benefits:
- Reduced Knowledge Examination fees.
- Reduced fees to enroll in the Certification Program.
- Participation in Knowledge exams may take place immediately upon completion of your travel program – you don't have to wait for the twice-a-year sittings that non-Endorsed travel program graduates attend.
- Employers look for graduates from Endorsed Programs because they know the minimum industry standards have been met and the graduate comes with what amounts to a "Quality Assurance Tag".
- Complimentary Knowledge Exam Prep Materials
- Students graduating from an endorsed program that includes a practicum/field placement of a minimum 100 hours may be eligible for a 50 hour reduction in the number of occupational experience hours required for certification.